Acne still becomes one of serious problem that everyone can have. The good thing is there is Aloe Vera for acne. When you leave acne it just like that, it will leave some scar and it can last very long time. Aloe Vera can deal with it. Aloe Vera itself is known as magical plant. It can cure many different health problems, including skin problem like acne.
Does Aloe Vera Help Acne and Scars?
Yes, it does however what you need to understand here, this isn’t instant solution. Aloe Vera works naturally, which means it take longer time to show its effect for acne. But, we can say, it can help you to get rid your acne, especially the scar that acne left after it healed.
The main reason why Aloe Vera is good for acne is the substance inside this plant. Some substances that play big role in dealing with acne problem are:
- Gibberellins, which is kind of growth hormone and Glucomannan (mannose-rich-polysaccharide). Both of them can increase the synthesis of collagen, which is important for our skin healing and regeneration.
- Gibberellins and Glucomannan are also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This is important, because acne is caused by bacteria that grow in clogged pores.
- Glycol-Proteins inside the Aloe Vera also has important role in curing inflammation. It can help your skin to lessen the irritation caused by acne.
- Aloe Vera also has high amount of antioxidant inside. Plus, with Zinc, Vitamin C and E, Aloe Vera is perfect barrier for our skin from free radical. Free radical is also one of many factors that can cause acne and other skin problem, even skin cancer.
- Aloe Vera also has lot of Catechins, Flavonoids and Carotenoids, which is type of carbohydrates and Amino Acids. They will become great supporter for your skin to fix its cell and tissue, which speed up the skin recover from acne.
- Other than that, Aloe Vera also can help to clean skin pores and remove dead skin cell and sebum.
From the inside, Aloe Vera also can help to clean our blood, plus stimulate the cell regeneration which will help your skin to remove the acne or acne scar.
All of those great benefits and properties that you can find in Aloe Vera also have been proved by some research. In 2014, there is research that find out about the healing ability of Aloe Vera. In that research, there were two groups of test subject, Group A and Group B. Group A was using topical retinoid cream, only. Then Group B was using same cream, plus topical Aloe Vera. The result is Group B can heal lot faster than Group A. The main point is what the health problem that the researcher used in this research. They research the method to cure acne. Therefore, we can say that Aloe Vera is definitely worked for acne.
But, you also need to be extra careful when you use Aloe Vera. Actually, there are two type of methods you can use Aloe Vera to cure your acne. You can do it naturally, which means you make the mixture by yourself or it’s known as homemade cure for acne, or you buy Aloe Vera natural product that was specially made for acne. Both of them have some catch, which is allergic effect. It differs from people to people. The allergic can came in skin irritation and inflammation. Some people also experiences stomachaches when they consume the Aloe Vera product. Therefore, it’s important to consult to your doctor before you use this magical plan to cure your acne.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne
Now, after you know what and how Aloe Vera work for Acne, here are some of homemade remedies or usage of Aloe Vera.
Using Aloe Vera Only
- Wash your face.
- Use Antibacterial soap and water, and then dry it.
- Use extract gel from Aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply the gel on the area where acne occurs.
- Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
- Repeat it every day, and you will get better result in 2 to 3 weeks, depends on how long the scar existed.
- Shred Aloe Vera leaves and boil it for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Use the liquid on the acne area.
- Do it twice a day, every day until the effect show up.
Using Aloe Vera with Lemon Juice
Lemon is also one of many fruits that consist of lot of Vitamin C. Vitamin C isn’t only improving your body immune system, but, it also essential part for regenerating your skin cell. Therefore, both of them are best combination you can find.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Aloe Vera gel. Mix it with few drop of lemon juice. It’s recommended to use the fresh lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on your acne area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Apply some moisturizer. For safer and better result, choose the oil free moisturizer.
Both of methods above are safe. However, if you compare them with the Aloe Vera acne product, you can find the different. Some of product has been created to give you optimal result in short of time. Therefore, we can expect better result, if you use the product. Of course, choose the safest product that also use natural ingredient.
Basically, Aloe Vera is good for acne. It’s scientifically proved and it does have great properties that can increase your health, in whole. So, it’s good idea to depend on Aloe Vera, if you have acne problem. But, the most important thing, you need to use it in right way, plus consult with your doctor to know more about the allergic effect that might show up after you use the leaves. But, if you have to choose best cure for acne and other skin problem, the answer is only one. You can only choose Aloe Vera.