There are many ways to treat acne at home. Using coconut oil for acne is one of the home remedies to keep your acne away from your face. Indeed, having acne or pimple on our face is annoying. So, there are so many people found and believe in certain traditional ways of curing acne by using certain vegetables or oil. One of the traditional beliefs is coconut oil.
Does Coconut Oil Help Acne?
People believe for a reason, right? So, most of people did it. They get rid of acne by using coconut oil. Basically, acne appears because of the clogging pores done by Sebum. Acne breakouts also appear somehow because of the infection done by bacteria on your face. Coconut oil contains lauric acid which has natural anti-bacterial properties.
This anti-bacterial property has been tested by so many dermatologists that it is able to cure bacteria issues on the surface of the facial skin. Although this is oily, but its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial action penetrate to the skin and this oil kills the bacteria inside of your facial skin and keep the pimple away. So, it is good for acne and scars.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Acne
Before knowing how to use coconut oil on acne, it is better for you to know what kind of coconut oil that is best to be applied onto your facial skin. Cold-pressed oil for coconut oil is better to be applied because it has the biggest efficiency in preserving all the beneficial materials to cure your acne. How to apply it to your skin? Here is it.
1. Apply Coconut Oil Directly
This is the easiest way on using coconut oil for acne treatment.
- Warm the oil and spread the oil using your fingertips to the affected area on your face. Spreading it to the whole facial skin is also fine.
- Repeat that way twice a day, usually the good result would be appeared within a week.
2. Mix Coconut Oil with Your Daily-Use Product
Do not worry to mix this with your daily facial wash because coconut oil is natural. Instead of being harmful, mixing coconut oil with your daily use facial wash would add useful qualities of your face washing. Just add a couple of drops in mixing it with your facial wash.
Make a mask from coconut oil is very good for you who have dry skin.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 5 tablespoons of aloe juice, and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix them together in such container and apply it to your face for about 20 minutes. Other than help acne to point very quickly, this will also regenerate and nourish your skin without leaving greasy feeling on the surface of your face.
Coconut oil is believed by the society as one of the best home remedies to cure acne. Using coconut oil on acne is very good because of the content of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial action to fight against such pimples. There are 3 recommended ways, they are applying directly, mix with daily-use product and make a mask. Those would help the regeneration of your skin and pointing your acne.