Pimples are the annoying skin problems that frequently appear on face, neck, or even shoulder area. For treating pimples, actually it does not always need to spend much money for treatments. There are several easy ways to get rid of pimples, one of them by using hydrogen peroxide for pimples.
Hydrogen peroxide can be a very effective way in treating pimples. It has several properties that can remove your pimples quickly. Hydrogen peroxide mostly used as antiseptic.
Is It Good to Put Hydrogen Peroxide on Pimples?
Hydrogen peroxide has acted as the antiseptic that can kill bacteria on your skin. It also can oxygenate the skin pores that help in preventing the pimples appears again on your skin. However, hydrogen peroxide actually only acts as the temporary pimple solution.
It just treats the pimples symptoms, not the root. Besides, by applying excess hydrogen peroxide to your skin can cause your skin to dry out and peeling.
How to Use Hydrogen Peroxide on Pimples
Hydrogen peroxide can be used in many ways. Do not use the strong hydrogen peroxide. It is better for you to consult with your doctor first, whether it is good to do this treatment for your skin. Besides, test a drop of hydrogen peroxide first on your hand to know whether your skin is sensitive or get irritated or not. Here are some methods:
1. Use 3% or lower hydrogen peroxide
- Rinse your face with face cleaner and warm water. Make sure that there is no dirt or makeup left on your face. After that, pat your skin dry.
- Apply hydrogen peroxide gently by using a smooth cotton ball or cotton bud on affected skin.
- Leave it absorbs on your skin for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Wash your skin using your facial cleanser, and pat dry.
- Because hydrogen peroxide can make your skin dry, apply moisturizer on your face after the treatment is done. It will be so much better if you also apply Vitamin E on the acne affected area after the treatment.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
Baking soda contains exfoliating properties that help in drying out your skin by removing the dead skin cells, excess oil, and dirt. It also can balance your skin pH level and help in avoiding bacteria to flourish. Moreover, baking soda can be used to clean the skin pores and help avoiding scars and blemishes.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda and wait until the foam disappears.
- Apply it on the pimples affected areas using cotton balls. Make sure first that your face is clean and dry.
- Massage it gently for minutes, and wash it with face cleaner.
- Do not forget to always apply moisturizer or vitamin e after the treatment.
- Do this at least one time in a week.
Using hydrogen peroxide for pimples is surely an effective option. However, some experts do not recommend this for treating acne because it may irritate and damage the skin. If you want to try this, make sure that you have tested that your skin is okay for this treatment. Moreover, remember to not apply this more than once in a day. If your skin gets irritated, see the doctor immediately to stop the irritation.