Not only spoils your appearance, painful pimple can also interfere with your daily activities because it is considered can cause more pain than other types of pimples. Usually, it occurs on ear, chin, nose, lip, scalp, back and under skin. However, just like other types and skin problems, you can get rid of this by using various choices of treatments. But first, you might want to know the symptoms of this type of pimple.
The symptoms of painful pimples or also called blind pimple may vary. These symptoms are including:
- Papules: This symptom appears as round and solid bump that rises on your skin. The size of the bump is usually small and its color is usually pink.
- Pustules: This symptom appears as bump that contains pus.
- Nodules: This symptom looks like papules. The only difference is that nodules are bigger.
- Cysts: This symptom is visible on skin. Cysts are usually painful and filled with pus.
What Causes Painful Pimples
Basically, the causes of pimple are quite similar to the causes of acne. It’s very important for you to know the causes of pimple so that you can prevent this skin issue. The causes of painful pimples are including:
- Overproduction of sebum. Your skin contains sebaceous glands that produce sebum. When the sebum is produced in huge amount, the pimple might appear on your skin.
- Clogged pores. This is considered as one of the main factors that cause pimple. If your skin pores are clogged, the chance of pimple to appear will be higher.
- Inflammation. Skin pores and tissues around hair follicles are prone to inflammation. When there is inflammation, it’s likely there are also pimples on your skin.
- Hormonal change. Puberty, menstruation, and pregnancy might cause hormonal change. This hormonal change might trigger pimples to appear on your skin.
- Cosmetic products. There are various types of cosmetic products and skin care products that can cause pimples. Greasy and thick foundations or lotions might clog your skin pores which will lead to the appearance of pimples on your skin.
- Over exfoliating. Dead skin cells might make your skin looks dull. That’s why you need to exfoliate them. However, poor exfoliating might cause pimples instead since this process can clog the hair follicle if it’s done too much.
- Bacterial infection. Several types of bacteria that live on your skin might cause pimples.
How to Get Rid of Painful Pimples
These days, you can find various skin treatment products that are available on the market. Some of these skin care products can be used to get rid of painful pimple. However, some people might not be able to use these products due to allergies. These skin treatment products might also not work on certain people due to certain reasons as well. Moreover, these skin treatment products might have harmful side effects that might make your condition worse instead.
So how you treat painful pimples without using those skin treatment products? You can treat it by using home remedies. Home remedies can be found easily in your house. You also can buy them easily on grocery store as well. Below are several home remedies that can be used to get rid of this pimple.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can be found easily on almost any grocery store these days. Tea tree oil is also very affordable as well. Tea tree has great antibacterial properties that can help combat bacteria that might cause painful pimples. Tea tree oil also can prevent further outbreaks and help soothe your skin as well. Tea tree oil will also help quicken the healing process. Oil of tea tree can penetrate your skin and open the clogged pores. To use tea tree oil, you can follow these steps.
- Mix tea tree oil with water in small sized bowl with 1:9 ratios.
- Use cotton ball and dip its top in the mixture.
- Apply the dipped cotton bud’s top to the pimples.
- Leave it on for at least ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply light moisturizer.
- Repeat this process three times a day for at least a week.
- If you have sensitive skin, you can replace the water with aloe vera gel.
Other great home remedy that can be used is honey. Honey is well known for its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. Honey can fight bacteria that cause pimples effectively. Honey also can work as gentle deep-cleanser so it’s completely safer for your skin. To use honey as treatment for painful pimples, you can follow these steps.
- Use cotton ball and dip its top in pure honey.
- Apply it evenly on your pimples.
- Leave it for at least fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat these steps three times a day for at least a week.
Milk is considered as one of the healthiest foods that you can find these days. Drinking milk can make you healthier. Besides, you also can use milk as treatment. Milk contains high amount of Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHA. AHA can help unclog your skin pores by removing the dead skin cells, dirt, and accumulated oil from the pores. AHA also can make your skin smooth as well. To use milk as treatment for pimples, please follow these steps.
- Use cotton ball to apply milk on your pimples.
- Leave it for ten minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this three times a day for at least a week.
The best way to prevent painful pimples is by keep your face clean. You also need to choose healthy diet as well. Healthy lifestyle will help you prevent pimples in more effective way. Don’t use cosmetics or skincare products in excessive way can also help you prevent pimples as well.
Pimples can be very painful. However, you can get rid of it using several home remedies. To prevent pimples, you need to keep your skin clean. You also need to learn about the causes so you can prevent it.