These types of pimples may not be happen to every individual, but if you have pimples on legs this article will help you to understand your problem. For the most of time, pimples or acnes will occur on the facial skin. It’s easy to see how the appearances of these bumps can be very annoying. Will these pimples be as annoying when occurring on the legs? The answer is yes for different reasons. It’s still uncomfortable and will be even more uncomfortable depending on the location. Pimples can be painful and some people just cannot resist picking on it (touching, scratching and others).
Leg pimples are acnes and in general, these will be the inflamed skin. They are the oil glands of the skin that become clogged and infected as dirt, dead skin cells and bacteria trapped within the oil gland. The oil gland becomes irritated and the skin will be swollen. Sometimes, the pimples have pus within the bumps. Sometimes, it is red and itchy.
The formation of pimples often goes without being realized and seems to be suddenly occurring. Fortunately, every case of pimples or acnes can be properly treated with the right treatment. Depending on the severity of the inflammation, treatment will take time but usually around a week or two.
The one question that appears in many people’s minds is how. How does this pimple on leg appeared casually? A few things can cause the occurrence of pimples including hormonal changes. Sweating legs can clog the skin pores. Skin care products such as sunscreens and lotions those applied on legs can be the ones leading to the occurrence of acnes on the legs. The choice of clothes as well as the dirty clothing may also contribute to pimples. The usage of detergents and softeners on clothes can also trigger an outbreak.
In some cases, this condition happens because of shaving. In the cases of leg pimple caused by shaving, the occurred pimples are not ordinary pimples. These bumps on legs that look like pimples are not caused by inflamed skin due to excess oil but rather caused by the ingrown hair as well as skin’s reaction to the razor rash. This problem is a little more complicated but can be solved with a lotion containing AHA and proper shave to the direction of hair grow (and not the opposite).
How to Get Rid of Pimples on Legs
Here are some home remedies that can be used to get rid of pimples on your legs.
1. Turmeric and Olive Oil
The combination of these two will be really good to help getting rid of leg pimples. Turmeric has been widely known for its effects of antimicrobial and antifungal. Meanwhile, the olive oil is famous as the protector of skin.
- Take a small bowl and pour 5 tablespoons of olive oil and then add 8 tablespoons of turmeric powder.
- Mix these two together until they form a paste.
- Soak or compress the affected area with warm water for several minutes and then wipe it with clean towel or cloth.
- Apply the paste of turmeric and olive oil to the affected area.
- Repeat this treatment every night until no bumps can be seen.
Things to be kept in mind: Always to remember to wash the affected area cleanly first before applying the paste. Make sure to always do this until pimples are gone.
2. Tea Bags
For the people who are fond of drinking tea, do not dump the used tea bags! These bags of tea leaves will be very useful. Teas are known to be good especially the green tea. It’s all because of the EGCG aka the powerful antioxidant to kick away pimples.
- Take a tea bag and soak it in the hot water or simply take the one used for making tea.
- Prepare the affected area by washing it cleanly.
- Take the used tea bag and make sure that it’s warm and not too hot and then put it on the affected area for a few minutes.
- The tea bag can also be used as cold compress. Just put the tea bag in the refrigerator or freezer before using it.
- Do this a few times in a day.
Things to be kept in mind: While using the tea bags alone can help, the result will be even better by consuming the tea. This will be especially good by using the green tea.
3. Aloe Vera
This short-stemmed and thick plant has been known for its multiple benefits due to its healing and medicinal properties. The gel inside of its leaves contains antioxidants, vitamins, amino acids as well as minerals. All of these make the aloe vera a good remedy for the annoying pimples on leg and any part of the body.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and wash it cleanly.
- Soften the leaf by gently pressing it.
- Cut and take just enough for a treatment and then carefully cut the both edges of the leaf.
- Split the leaf into two with hand or knife and then use a spoon or just the knife to extract the gel.
- Rub the aloe vera gel gently on the affected area and then leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Wash the affected area gently with water.
- Do this treatment about two or three times a day for better result.
Things to be kept in mind: Just like tea, aloe vera can be consumed. It’d be a good idea to also the aloe vera for a healing process from the inside of the body.
This pimple can be properly prevented by paying attention to the hygiene of legs. Make sure to use the right skin care products alongside the right detergent and softener on clothes. Dietary changes will also be necessary to ensure good hormonal condition within the body. For pimples caused by shaving, be careful in shaving and always do it correctly (following the direction of hair growth).
Every condition can be properly treated with correct treatments. There is no need to panic seeing the pimples occurring on unusual places. The treatments mentioned above can really help to truly get rid of pimple on leg as soon as possible.