Pimples sometimes become the one annoying thing that can make our self-confidence down. Because of this many people are willing to spend much money only for pimple treatment at the saloon or doctor. Actually, to get rid of pimples there are some simple ways that you can do. For example, by using baking soda for pimples.
It does need much money to buy baking soda, and it can be easily found in the nearest stores. Also, baking soda has some properties than can kill your acne.
Is Baking Soda Good for Pimples?
Baking soda has great exfoliating properties that can help to dry out your skin by removing the dead and damaged skin cells, excess oil, and dirt. Moreover, it also can balance the skin pH level where it helps preventing bacteria to flourish. Baking soda also has anti-inflammatory that relieve the redness and irritation caused by pimples.
It also can clean the skin pores and help preventing scars and blemishes. However, baking soda is not good for the sensitive skin.
How to Get Rid of Pimples with Baking Soda
There’s so many ways that you can do in using baking soda. However, make sure first that your skin is not sensitive and not get irritated of baking soda. Here are some easy home remedies.
1. Baking Soda and Water
Baking soda that is mixed with water can produce some properties that help to clear lots of skin problems.
- Mix two tablespoons baking soda with one tablespoon water into a paste.
- Apply it directly as a face mask to your affected skin.
- Massage it gently in two up to three minutes.
- Leave it for five to ten minutes and wash your face with warm water.
- Do this two times weekly.
- Mix two tablespoons baking soda with water.
- Apply it on all your face using a cotton ball.
- Leave it in a night, and then rinse it off in the morning.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply directly baking soda on the acne affected skin.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes, then rinse it.
2. Baking Soda and Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory properties that help healing the pimples fast. The combination of these ingredients helps in preventing excess oil, hydrates your skin, tightens, and also makes your skin smoother.
- Mix these ingredients into a paste.
- Apply it on the affected skin.
- Leave it dries 4 minutes, wash off, and pat dry.
3. Baking Soda and Olive Oil
Olive oil contains natural properties that good for the skin. It has antioxidant, soothing, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing properties which help for treating pimples and other scar types. The mixture of olive oil and baking soda can remove dead and damaged skin cells, and lengthens the pimples up. The moisturizing property can soften your skin and reduce pimples.
- Mix both ingredients into a paste.
- Apply directly to the affected skin and massage it gently for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Those are simple ways using baking soda for treating pimples. Baking soda sometimes can make your skin dry, it is better for you to use moisturizer after the treatment. Do not do this remedy if your skin gets irritated.