Pimple on tongue is one of the most common types of pimple that might occur to you. There are various skin issues that might occur to you. One of the most common types of skin issue is pimple. It is basically small sized papule or pustule on your skin that is usually caused by inflammation. It will develop when oil glands on your skin are clogged and infected which will lead to the development of red lesions that are swollen and filled with pus. It can appear on any part of your body.
Some people might have white pimple on tongue. If you have similar issue, below are several ways to get rid of pimple. But first, you might need to know the causes.
There is a myth that you might hear when you’re kid. It was said that you will get tongue pimples if you tell lies. This is definitely not true and it’s just a myth. The real factor that might cause pimple is irritation that occurs on the papillae of your tongue. This irritation will create red spots. Until today, there are no exact explanations about what causes pimple. However, there are several speculations about how it can appear.
One of the most common speculations about the causes is that it occurs due to the allergic reaction which is caused by the foods that you eat or other objects that you put inside your mouth. If you eat something with sharp textures such as potato chips or if you put something with sharp edge inside your mouth such as pen. It might be also caused by injuries on your tongue as well. Stress, hormonal imbalance, viral infections such as hepatitis and flu, excessive smoking, and deficiency in vitamins might also cause pimple under tongue as well.
How to Get Rid of a Pimple on Your Tongue
Having tongue pimples might be quite annoying. Basically, there are several things that you can do to get rid of pimple that occurs on your tongue. You can use medicines or antibiotics that can be found easily on drug store these days to remove it. On the other hand, there are also several great home remedies that you can use. Using home remedies to treat pimples on tongue is considered safer since home remedies works naturally and will not cause harmful side effects. Moreover, home remedies can be found easily on your kitchen that you don’t need to use too much effort to get rid of your pimples.
1. Warm Salt Water
Salt water is good for treating pimples since it can soothe the ulcers that develop inside your mouth. To use salt water as treatment, you can follow the steps below.
- Get a large sized bowl and fill the bowl with warm water.
- Add two to three tablespoons of salt into the bowl. Stir the mixture until salt is mixed perfectly with warm water.
- Put some warm salt water on your skin. If it’s too hot, you can wait until the salt water became a little bit cooler.
- Pour the warm salt water inside a glass and drink the water from the glass but don’t swallow it. Keep the warm salt water as long as possible inside your mouth.
- Spit the water out of your mouth when you feel that the water is no longer warm.
- Do this every night before you go to bed.
2. Mint Leaves
According to several studies, mint leaves is good for treating pimples since mint leaves can reduce the size. You also can get mint leaves easily on the grocery store these days. If you want to use mint leaves as remedies, you can follow the steps below.
- Get two or four fresh mint leaves.
- Chew the mint leaves slowly in your mouth.
- You can get fresh mint leaves if the mint leaves that you chew no longer have taste.
- Do this for at least fifteen minutes before you go to bed.
Besides chewing mint leaves, you also can use mint leaves to make mint tea that also can be used to treat pimples on tongue as well. To make the mint tea, you can follow the step below.
- Prepare the tea cup. Put the teabag inside the cup.
- Add three to four died mint leaves into the cup.
- Add hot water into the teacup. Stir the water until it changes color.
- Add some sugar if you like.
- Drink the tea before you go to bed. Do this at least for a week.
3. Baking Soda
You also can use baking soda to treat it. Baking soda is good for treating the pimples since it can control the bacteria growth inside your mouth. To use baking soda as home remedies, follow these steps.
- Get one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Use cotton bud to get baking soda and apply it on the affected area of your tongue.
- Make sure that you apply the baking soda evenly.
- Do this regularly twice a day for at least a week.
Basically, there are several things that you can do to prevent tongue pimples. Avoid putting sharp objects inside your mouth might be one of the best ways to prevent it. It also can be prevented by keeping your mouth clean and healthy. Brush and floss your teeth regularly.
As you can see, treating tongue pimple is not as difficult as it seems. You can use various home remedies to treat this condition effectively. To prevent pimples from developing again, keeping your mouth clean and healthy is definitely the most effective solution.