Pimples on any other parts of the face are very bad for our daily appearance. One of them is pimple on lip, it can be even worse. It will be painful and certainly uncomfortable for multiple reasons. Lips are not the common area where pimples occurring. It will draw attention as it can be easily seen by others. That being said, the worse thing about lip pimple is how uncomfortable life will be.
For one, pimples on lip will hurt a lot because lips are known as one of the most sensitive body parts. It becomes even worse with the fact that lips are the integral part of drinking as well as eating. It becomes obvious how the pimple will get irritated even further every time foods or drinks enter the mouth through the lips. The irritation will get worse for spicy or salty stuff. In addition to the discomfort, some people have the habit of pressing their lips together and it will become painful and of course irritating the pimple even more.
When a pimple on lip line occurs, one must refrain from touching the pimple to avoid more bacteria worsening the pimple condition. One needs to also be cautious on the possibility of herpes. One of herpes symptoms is pimples around lips. If the pimples are herpes pimples, they will occur larger, painful and will look like ulcer too. It is often mistaken as cold sores. Therefore, being more careful in checking the appearance of the pimples becomes a very important thing.
There are several things those trigger the occurrence of lip pimples. Hormonal changes of the body or poor diet may cause the pimples. Some people have problems with toothpaste containing fluoride or have the bad habit of smoking. People with oily skin have higher chance of pimples including the ones on the lips. Bad hygiene of the lips is also considered being the cause. In women’s cases, the usage of beauty products such as the expired products may trigger acne.
How to Get Rid of a Pimple on Your Lip
Here are some home remedies that can be used to get rid of pimples on lips.
1. Ice Cubes
One of the most effective ways is using ice. Ice is really good in reducing the swelling of the lips skin as well as constricting the oil glands. Because of this, the excess oil as well as bacteria trapped causing the lip pimple will be flushed out from the inflamed gland. The pimple will be gone very quickly.
- Make an ice pack by using a clean napkin (or any clean cloth) and wrap the ice.
- Take the ice pack and gently put it on the pimple.
- Let the ice pack stays on the acne for a few seconds and then pull it off.
- Repeat this process several times for a few minutes.
- This treatment will be more effective when being done several times in a day.
Things to be kept in mind: Never put the ice directly on skin and don’t use an ice pack for than 20 minutes to avoid frostbite.
2. Lemon Juice
Amongst the most popular ways of getting rid of pimple, there is one way that requires the juice of lemons. In every drop of lemon juice can be found citric acid. It is known to be antibacterial properties that will help in eliminating the bacteria causing inflammation that leads to pimples. Lemon juice also contains astringent properties that will get rid of the excess oil of the skin as well as constricting the body tissues. To use lemon juice for home remedies, you can follow these steps.
- Wash the face thoroughly.
- Take a lemon and then cut it in half and squeeze the juice out. For those who have sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice a little bit.
- Take a cotton swab and dip it into the juice.
- Apply the lemon juice gently around the affected area of pimple.
- Do this regularly before going to bed.
Things to be kept in mind: Do not use bottled lemon juice as there might be preservatives. Don’t apply lemon juice around eyes or on open wounds or on pimples.
3. Steam Treatment
Another popular treatment is the one utilizing steam. Steam will be able to open skin pores and force the bacteria and dirt out. Get ready to sweat a lot during this treatment but take it easy as it means that all impurities will be kicked out of skin pores.
- Place a bowl of hot water on floor.
- Sit down while facing the bowl.
- Bend forward to expose the face to the steam.
- Take a towel and spread it over the back to trap the steam.
- Hold this position for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do this treatment twice or thrice in a week.
Things to be kept in mind: Be careful with the hot water used here. Always keep a good distance when exposing skin to the bowl filled with hot water. This is important to avoid skin injury due to exposure to hot water.
Pimple inside lip and the discomfort that comes with it can be prevented. The followings are simple things those can be done to prevent it.
- Wipe or wash the lips with napkin or tissue after every meal and drink (especially after eating greasy foods).
- Brush the lips regularly by using a toothbrush (make sure that the toothbrush is clean).
- Keep the lips healthy by consuming healthy foods and drink a lot of water.
There is no need to panic when pimples occur even at the uncommon place like on upper, near or above lip. Stay calm as everything will have a solution. The treatments mentioned above are all can be used and will show result as expected when being done properly.