The word of blind pimples can be quite frightening for some people considering how painful the pimple can be. Compared to regular acne bumps, blind pimple is more painful since it occurs closer to the nerves. Usually, it occurs on chin, nose, ear, lip, back and cheek. But, it can also occur on other parts of the face or the body. The size of this pimple is bigger than acnes with no head and deep under skin because it is often associated with severe inflammation.
Basically, the pimple is formed when the hair follicles on the skin are clogged with the excess sebum. As a result, it triggers inflammatory reaction. That is the reason why the pimple comes together with intense redness and swelling. In fact, it is also associated with headaches.
The difference between pimple and acne is its pointing process. Acne is faster in pointing process. Meanwhile, pimple is much slower in its pointing process. That is basically the reason why some people choose to squeeze their pimple hoping it to be disappearing more quickly. However, this is not a recommended thing to do because it can lead to infection and mark on the skin.
What Causes Blind Pimples
Actually, the things that cause blind pimples are the same that of the acne lesions. Then, it is made worse with other factors such as sebum overproduction in sebaceous glands, tissues’ inflammation and clogged pores. Here are some of the main causes:
- Dead skin cells’ poor shedding that cause the clogged hair follicle. This often happens to people with poor skin hygiene or cleansing. That is why you should clean the face in daily basis especially before you go to sleep at night.
- Bacterial infection with Propionibacterium as the most common bacteria often causes inflammation. It’s the reason why the pimple may be more painful than usual.
- Use of greasy skin clogging skin care products or cosmetics including lotions and foundations. These kinds of products block the pores and allow the dead skin cells to be built up in the pores.
How to Get Rid of Blind Pimples Overnight
To get rid of a blind pimple, you can use both medical and home treatments at once. Despite being almost free, home treatments are proven to be effective with the right use. Check out the most popular home remedies you should try at home. Make sure to do the remedies in daily basis for better result.
1. Warm Compress
The warm compress is the simplest home remedy that can effectively reduce the severity of blind pimples and faster the recovery process. Before the pimple disappears, it has to point first and let its pus to come out. What you can do with warm compress is to accelerate the pointing process. Therefore, it will be faster for the pimple to disappear.
- Soak clean cotton ball, cloth or green or black tea bags in hot water. Tea contains substance called tannins that can reduce the inflammation
- Leave it to be soaked in for 5 minutes or so
- Apply it on the pimple and leave it for several minutes
- Repeat it at least twice a day
To replace the hot water, herbal decoction such as calendula, chamomile or mint can be used. This will also be beneficial for your skin tone.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is common to treat acne. And it has also been proven effective to treat blind pimples. That’s because this oil contains numerous amount of antibacterial properties. This way, it can help reducing the pimples and preventing any further development by killing the bacteria, opening the pores and cleansing the skin. Since this oil can be quite aggressive, make sure to dilute it so it doesn’t burn your skin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of diluted tea tree oil and 9 teaspoon of water
- Mix them together
- Soak cotton ball in the mixture for 15 minutes
- Apply it to the pimple and leave it for several minutes
- Wash your face using water
- Repeat it at least twice a day
3. Honey and Apple
Have you ever used a combination of honey and apple to treat pimple? Well, you will be surprised with the result. These two natural ingredients make good remedy to cure any skin problems. Apple has malic acid which is a substance that can tone and firm up the skin. Meanwhile, honey acts as both antiseptic and antimicrobial agent to kill the bacteria and nourish the skin at once.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of freshly mashed apple pulp and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix them together until it creates paste consistency
- Apply the paste on the skin and the pimple
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash your face using lukewarm water
It is also recommended to consume honey and apple in daily basis to help treating the pimples from the inside.
How to Prevent Blind Pimples
Treatments using home remedies are not enough. You should also do the required prevention before the pimple occurs. In this case, you can start by doing good habits. For instance, avoid heavy moisturizer, foundation and other skin care products. Instead, go for lightweight skin care products to let your skin breathe freely. Not only should you wash your face after the exercise but also before the exercise. That’s because the sweat can block the pores.
When you use skin cleanser, you can practice quick facial massage for at least 30 seconds. Make sure to concentrate on the problem areas. This is useful to allow thorough clean and lose up the dead cells. Do not squeeze the pimple no matter how disturbed you are. Squeezing only makes it worse and leave marks on your skin.
Through both the treatment and prevention, dealing with blind pimples should no longer be a complicated issue. You don’t even have to go to the doctor once you have used the most effective home remedies. This way, your facial skin will be free from pimples so you may appear more beautiful and attractive.